Friday, March 16, 2007

Our New Arrival



On Tuesday, Feb. 13 our daughter was finally born. My water broke at 6:50 am and I headed to the hospital. Ward was already on his way to work so I called him when I got to the hospital. He met me there and we were on our way towards having a baby. As things went along it became clear that the baby wasn't going to come out so we ended up having a c-section.

At 9:36 pm Violet was born.







Here she is with her trademark scowly face (there is some debate over which of us she gets that from...)

She weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces and was 56 cm tall. Her head was 38 cm around which may explain why she needed a little help getting out.









While I recovered from surgery, Dad showed off the newest member of the family.














Finally after an hour and a half of recovery I spend some time with Violet.

No comments:

baby
baby