Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sadness...

So, another week has gone by without a post. Unfortunately I have a reason for this. As most of you know, we were expecting baby #2 in November. Well, life is full of things unexpected and the last thing we ever expected or wanted happened.

On Thursday August 7th I had some bleeding so we went in to the hospital. When we got there we found out that our baby had passed away. Our son, Oliver, was stillborn on Friday August 8th at 2:11 am. He weighed just over 2 pounds and was 34cm long.

It has been a long hard week with many more to come. I know this blog is usually Violet's place to show off her adventures but it didn't seem right to not write something about this.

Jamie

3 comments:

Jen said...

Jamie and Ward, I just want to take a moment to express our deepest condolences for your loss. We are thinking of you all the time. (hugs)
(Jenny, Josh & Fam)

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Mrs. Bertram & your family especially in this time of sadness. I am so so sorry once again. Even though you're in the depths of despair, stay strong Mrs. Bertram. I know I may not understand but I'm sure God will find a way.
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to write but want you two to know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss. Cheryl & Family

baby
baby